Friday, February 11, 2011

Nothing is ours

Again, it was such a beautiful day yesterday that I went on a power walk! I was listening to my ipod and rockin out so i could keep up my speed. It is really hard to keep up when i am walking outside, after awhile i notice myself kind of lollygagging (sp?). So I was going to walk two times around the block, about 4 miles. At just near the end of my first time around the block, my ipod died! I was so annoyed at first, but then I though ok Lord, I am listening. It is really easy to put the headphones on and go, not realizing that God may have something to say to me. So i continued on my walk and told God I was listening. I do get distracted easily and so I started thanking God for his many blessings to turn my heart towards Him. I love that whenever we pray that is the first thing Brian thanks God for. And it is so true! He has blessed us so much. So I thanked Him for Esther, the gift that she was and is to us. I thanked Him for our house that we are building. In the beginning I really didn't care about our house that much, but I see now what a blessing it is. I was there yesterday staining, and when I was done I was all alone. The electrician and heating guys were done in there, so I walked around the house and just thanked God for it. I truly believe He is going to do amazing things. I just walked around each room and asked him to fill the house with His Spirit, and that everyone who comes into our home will feel the presence of God. That they will be changed by the Love that fills our home. High school kids would feel safe and loved, and any children that the Lord would choose to give us to raise there. So as i walked I thanked God for all those blessings, and realized that they were exactly that. Gifts from God. Blessings from Him. Everything we have is what HE chooses to give us. And as I thought about Esther I realized that she was not ours to begin with. I remember my parents telling us when we were young, that we weren't their children, but that God gave us to them to raise on earth. I hated hearing that at the time. I wanted to be with my parents forever! But it's so true. God gave her to us for a time, much shorter than I would have chosen, however He is using her life to glorify Himself. And He will use our house to glorify Himself. Nothing is ours. Not our money, our things, even our children. They are gifts from God to use and steward well to bring glory to Him during our time on earth! I feel so blessed as I remember Esther and honor her memory. It brings joy to my heart. We didn't get to raise her, but God did give her to us and we loved her and took care of her the best we could, for as long as we could, and God is taking care of her now and forever! Her dad and I and her family who loves her will join her there too someday, for forever. I love that God has changed my perspective through Esther's life. I feel like I see everything now in light of Eternity, and I am so thankful. She changed me into a better person. Thank you Esther! Your mommy loves you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mo, I love this post. God has brought you to a new place of understanding. He is so good. He loves, You have loved.
    Love to you, CINDY ROSE

    ReplyDelete