Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Another House Update

I have been able to spend time out there on Saturdays working with my dad putting up the soffit in the front entry and the back porch area. It looks awesome! Brian got all the siding done and we are ready for paint. So that is exciting. I am curious if the weather will hold up, probably not. We will see. The inside in ready for drywall. I believe they will be starting that this week. It is time to start getting samples of paint and figuring out what we want inside. I have a pretty good idea, it is just that paint never looks the same on the walls, that it does on the sample! What the heck?! Oh well, so we will figure it out as we go. I am looking forward to seeing the end product. I feel like I now have a pretty good visual in my head........I think. But the process has been fun. I am enjoying it now. The first picture is looking into the kitchen/nook and then the living room to the right. I love how it is all open. That way, when I am doing dishes, I am not all by myself! The soffit boards you see on the ceiling in the front porch, I stained many of them. It feels good to look at that and know that I had a part in making it happen. We've had a fun crew working on staining the shakes that will go on the front back and sides of the house. We do it in shifts. We could only do about 2 hours max at a time because we feel as though we are being asphyxiated (sp?) Even with the doors open! So thanks to my mom, and sister, and Yodes (Katie Yoder) for helping make our house happen!


















2 comments: