Tuesday, March 1, 2011

2 years

On Feb. 28, Brian and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary. Have I mentioned how thankful I am for him? He is amazing. I came home after a long day which ended with Young Life Club. He had beautiful flowers and the sweetest card for me. He would probably rather not spend money on flowers that die, but he knows I LOVE them and so he does it for me. He is so wonderful. It has been fun and a learning experience loving each other in the love language that speaks the loudest to each of us. Its easy to love others in our own love language, but it takes being intentional and often times working at it, to love in the language that speaks to the other person. My love language is words of affirmation. But i also LOVE flowers. I write Brian notes and cards, and he knows that is the way I speak. I don't do it so that he does it for me, but he has learned over these 2 years that is my language and how I feel most loved. He on the other hand could care less about cards, but i do it anyway. And I work hard to love him the way that he needs to be loved. Because I love him and respect him so much and I want him to know it! His love language is physical touch, and not sure what else. But he likes to have the house picked up, loves it when i make his lunches and make dinner. So not sure what language that is???? Acts of Service I guess!!

Sometimes I wonder how and why God made men and women sooooo different and yet meant for us to be together! But I realize that it is what grows us. To work at loving each other, putting the other's needs before our own, really being unselfish, communicating together (often times mis-communicating:). What other platform would the Lord use in our lives to refine us this much!!!?? Our relationship is not perfect by any means, however we have made the committment to always talk about an issue. Right then. To work it out and not stew about it or begin to let it take root in our hearts. So we do that.....we'll hash it out, do what we need to do, and then it is over. We also don't play games......none of this silent treatment crap......i soooo hate that, and yet in my humanness I do have that tendency at times! But the Lord has helped me in that area while striving to love Brian well and not play childish games with him. We are not children in that respect......(even though he would admit he is just a big kid, but in a good way!) Wow i wasn't planning on going on like this, but I guess I have just learned a lot in 2 short years.

So the flower story isnt over yet................... after about 15 minutes since getting home and plopping in the chair, he asks me to go into the bedroom and grab the rice bag for him. We love our rice bags in our home. And I love him and want to serve him :), so i go to get it, and there sits a dozen roses on our bed for me! He is so tricky. Apparently the first flowers were the decoy. But i must say they were beautiful! He totally surprised me. Have I mentioned how awesome he is?......................I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment