Friday, November 19, 2010

Meet Esther Jade!








Isn't she beautiful?! I also think she has big feet like her dad:) But what do i know. Oh yeah and during the ultrasound we decided she has the Roosendaal nose. Sorry peanut! Auntie Al was calling her peanut, so im really glad we gave her a name. hehe -But peanut is real cute:)


I read today in Romans 5 some amazing words. It helps explain a particular way that i have felt over this past week. I wasn't sure how to explain it, because i thought people would think im crazy, so i haven't shared it with anyone really. But I found my answer today! I have felt this sense of excitement. Excitement for what God CAN do, what he will do, and how he is going to use this in our lives and everyone's life who is connected to Esther is some way. Even just through reading this blog. I told my parents and Brian that the other day as we drove to Swedish, and i said, is this weird? My mom said, no its not weird, but i still haven't shared that. Romans 5: 1-5 - "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."


I have read these verses many times before, but honestly have never really suffered much in my life. I don't think there is any way to understand this verse, understand HOPE, unless i have suffered. I get it now. The excitement i feel when i think about the Lord, and what he is going to do is HOPE! It's not because i know what the outcome will be, but my hope is in Jesus and WHO HE IS. He will not disappoint, hope does not disappoint, he can't disappoint because of who he is. He promises he will be with us no matter what. He will never leave us or forsake us! That's a promise. God is who he says he is, and so i trust what he says to me. Whether the outcome is what i deeply desire, or even if it is not, i KNOW that his grace is sufficient to get us through, he is with me. I cry every day, my heart is sad, and yet it is encouraged and HOPEFUL. That is the excitement i feel. it is not because of circumstances, but because of the One who i put my hope in! If i focus on my circumstances i get discouraged, but as my amazing cousin Carissa said, when my eyes are on Jesus where they should be, i am doing well. Amen! May we all keep our eyes on Jesus today, and trust that he will get us through whatever is before us. He has gone ahead of us, He knows what is ahead and LOVES US more than we can comprehend!


Love In Christ~ Mo



6 comments:

  1. beautiful and not weird at all. Thank you for sharing. You have been on my mind most of the day yesterday and today. Regardless of the outcome, you are right. God is still the same. He will carry you, celebrate with you...whatever the need be. I can't imagine going through suffering without that hope. You, your husband, your family and mostly your daughter are already encouraging, challenging and blessing people everywhere. Wish I could come give you a hug and sip some coffee (decaf of course) and talk about babies and our God and how incredible it is to be his children. You are loved and prayed for Monica! Please let us know how we can pray specifically for you AND for the lovely Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica,

    I just heard this morning about Esther, and then this evening someone told me about your blog.

    I will be praying for you. I remember so clearly (in 2005) when we did not know whether our little 3 year old Elijah was going to live or die. As he lay in a coma, all we could do was pray ... trust ... and hope.

    Praying for you today, and hoping and believing that the Lord can do mighty things in little Esther's life.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet - I love seeing the ultrasound pictures, thank you so much for letting us have a glimpse of this journey you guys are on. You are not weird - you are AMAZING!! Words can't even express the spirit that can be felt flowing right through your words. Praying for Esther today - that she feels your peace and strength and for the connection that you three are forming with her so deeply. Love you Mo! Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is so beautiful & so are you friend. praying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen and perfectly said. Love and Hugs....

    ReplyDelete