Monday, June 27, 2011

My heart breaks......

My heart hurts for other moms who have just recently lost their babies. I have only heard of a few losses of babies since losing Esther, and then these two suddenly and tragic as they all are. I drove by the cemetary and gazed over at Esther's spot last week, like normal, and noticed that there was a new little person buried right next to her. This intrigued me and saddened me at the same time. I could hardly even stand it and wanted to go back and look at who it was. His name was Carter Kimmel. And he was a twin. I googled his name because I wanted to know if I knew the family. I don't think i do, but it is crazy how i can immediately identify with the pain. Yes each person is different, and each loss is different. But that initial pain, and sadness, and heartbrokenness was right there again. And this boy was a twin to Cohen. Being a twin, that piles the sadness on even more! I hope to get to meet their mom sometime......

Another young couple in our church is on vacation in Mexico. Yesterday at church a gal told me right away that they had been 5 months pregnant with twins and had gone into premature labor. They lost one baby and she had gone into surgery to try to save the other baby. But i found out today they lost both of the babies. In Mexico. Alone. And the pain was right there. I wanted to cry for her because i know that pain, and yet she mourns 2 losses. I am so so sad for her. I have been burdened for them since i found out. My mom talked to her mom today and they just cried. Grandmothers grieving doubly, for their children who are in pain, and their own loss of their grandbabies. Can't imagine.....and yet i can. Don't know what to do.......and yet all we can do is pray. God is the same God. The One who met us in our darkest hour, i trust met them in their darkest hour, and will continue to do so. He is in control even though it is an awful thing to have to go through. As i have pondered this, I know God had every detail in His hands. The pain is there, no doubt, but so is HE! With them, comforting them and holding them up when they don't know what to do. God is faithful! And i trust Him. And I pray his grace and mercy and comfort comes over them like a warm blanket. In a way ONLY He can. I know this because He did this for us and proved faithful......as always! I am so thankful we have the Lord to carry us through dark valleys. I have said before, we can't imagine other people's pain, because it is not our pain, and God does not give us the grace for someone else's trials. He gives us the grace to walk through whatever comes our way! I have never been more thankful for the grace of God until we lost our baby girl. I am doing well today, by the grace of GOD! And that is it....

Please pray for these 2 families. That God would be EVERYTHING that they need. God Bless~ Monica

1 comment:

  1. Monica --
    I started crying right away on Sunday when Pastor Kim asked us to pray for Dusty & Jessica.....it brought everything back to me as well. My heart breaks for them and those sweet babies now waiting for them in heaven. Praying for all of them as they endure this......and it just stinks.
    Loving you,
    April

    ReplyDelete